This tour gives our passengers the opportunity to explore one of the most spectacular coastal drives in the world and be part of the Koala Conservation Program at a multiple award winning Conservation Ecology Centre. The small group experience allows close interaction with the guides of Oceania Tours and the rangers at the lodge.
Great Ocean Road ‘Save the Koala’ Wildlife Conservation Program (3 Day)
- Small group touring
- Trained guide to talk and answer any for the Great Ocean Road sightseeing component on Day 1 and Day 3
- English speaking ranger commentary upon arriving at the lodge
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Melbourne
- 1 ½ days of Koala Conservation program which includes close encounters with koalas, work alongside wildlife researchers in the bush, guided dusk walks and real hands‐on conservation projects
- 2 nights at the award winning 4 star Great Ocean Ecolodge
- Organic gourmet meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Entrance fee Cape Otway Lighthouse
This tour gives our passengers the opportunity to explore one of the most spectacular coastal drives in the world and to be part of the Koala Conservation Program at a multiple award winning Conservation Ecology Centre. The small group experience allows close interaction with Oceania Tour Guides and the rangers at the lodge. This tour is about making a difference to Australia’s nature and its environment in one of the most breath taking places in the world. Don’t just take photos home, take memories.
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Southern Ocean and the surfers riding waves.
- Our small groups allows for more stops along the way to take photos or just enjoy the sound of the ocean breaking on the waves.
- The wildlife you may see includes, whales, dolphins, kangaroos, echidnas, bandicoots, and many different birds
- Encounter koalas and learn about their natural habitat
Assist the rangers of the Conservation Ecology Centre with conservation projects which help koalas and other native animals to survive and reintegrate in the bush
Stop in the town of Apollo Bay for lunch (lunch cost not included)
Rainforest walk, Maits Rest (Otway National Park)
Visit Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge
Meet other like-minded travellers and immerse in the welcoming atmosphere of the 4 star Great Ocean Lodge
Learn about sustainable tourism and enjoy organic meals from the kitchen garden of the Ecolodge
COSTS: $1 655 AUD per Person
*please remain on the paths and designated areas at all times (snakes and unstable cliffs are a danger)
*walking shoes are needed for rainforest walk.